Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Welcome Distraction


Sometimes I have an overwhelming feeling to escape and explore someplace different. Even if it’s just a mental break seated in my cubicle and perusing pictures of cool cities that I would love to visit. I have been able to fulfill some of my curiosity by using Google street view to check out the cool shops and cafés lining Paris streets (see above).

Design*Sponge has a great list of city guides that tell you all the hip places to shop, eat and visit in different international and North American cities. I was intrigued to find the Vancouver city guide and quickly scanned to see what interesting areas where highlighted and how much I knew about the hot spots to hit in my own backyard. I will be sure to check out the Portobello West market at the end of this month. Start exploring.

2 comments:

  1. OOOh! I never thought of using Google street view to browse the nooks and crannies of the places I want to go. Seems so obvious, but I needed the suggestion. Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails